Saturday, June 23, 2012

Baked Brie

Growing up, my parents would often entertain friends or have business associates over for a meal

More often then not my parents who set out some brie and fancy crackers.

In time, my parents learned to wait til the guests arrived to set the brie out. This way it was less likely to be raided by our pet or myself

When my children and I used to have a monthly dinner at my former sister-in-laws place. I would bring brie as one dishes to share.

As long as I can remember, I have always enjoyed cheese. My children seem to as well or just a wiliness to try.

The following recipe is not what you might think of as a traditional baked brie, but its very delicious never the less...

Ingredients:
2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
1 large onion, diced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
8 ounces brie cheese, rind trimmed, cut into large pieces
1 (8 ounce) brick cream cheese, cut into pieces
3/4 cup of sour cream
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper, to taste
paprika, to taste
1 french baguette, cut into pieces and toasted
olives

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees F

2) Melt butter in a heavy saucepan on medium heat. Add diced onions and garlic and saute until onions are golden brown, about 6-8 minutes. Set aside.

3) While onions are sauteing, place brie and cream cheese in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium, just until melted, about 2 minutes.

4) Whisk in the sauteed onions and garlic, sour cream, fresh lemon juice, brown sugar, and worcestershire sauce. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Sprinkle with a dash of paprika.

5) Put in oven safe dish. Bake 20 minutes

6) Serve with toasted french baguette bread rounds, and olives.



No comments:

Post a Comment